The top 10 fish and chip shops have been announced in The Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award, this award is the flagship award of the National Fish and Chip Awards. This award is all about finding the best fish and chip shop in the UK, their food quality, sourcing and even staff training is looked at by judges all through the process. have now been announced.
The 2020 National Fish and Chip Awards are run and organised by Seafish, click here to find out more information on what Seafish do for the UK seafood industry.
The top 10 fish and chip shops have now been announced in the race to become the UK’s top fish and chip shop. The judging process if rigorous and looks at the entire business, from how the shop is sourcing ingredients to how they innovate their menu options, including allergies and dietary requirements.
The top 10 fish and chip shops in this years National Fish and Chip Awards are:
- Carron Fish Bar, Stonehaven, Grampian
- Dolphin Takeaway, Duncannon, Country Tyrone
- Fish and Chips @ Weston Grove, Chester, Cheshire
- Golden Carp, Redditch, Worcestershire
- Hiks, Swansea, West Glamorgan
- HOOKED@31, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire
- Rockfish, Brixham, Devon
- Seafare, Guildford, Surrey
- Shap Chippy, Penrith, Cumbria
- The Cod’s Scallops, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
The winner of this prestigious award will be announced in London on 23rd January 2020 at the National Fish & Chip Awards ceremony.
The awards are organised and run by Seafish, the public body that supports the UK seafood industry. They organise these awards to help showcase fish and chip businesses across the UK. Since starting in 1988, the awards have become one of the prestigious awards in the UK seafood industry.