The top 10 of the Drywite Young Fish Frier Of The Year Award 2020 have been announced. After making it this far in the process the remaining 10 will not continue their battle to win the prestigious competition.
All the entries were under 25 and have already undergone the initial round of judging to get this far. The 2019 winner was Lauren Kellaway (pictured above), from Kellaways Fish and Chips, and the 2020 Young Fish Frier of the Year will be announced in London on the 23rd January 2020.
The top 10 are below:
- Courtney Thomson, Redcloak Fish Bar, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire
- Rebecca Brewer, Port & Starboard, St Columb, Cornwall
- Adam Hutton, The Wetherby Whaler, Wetherby, Yorkshire
- Alex Walker, Lows Traditional Fish & Chips, Aberdeen
- Jamie Russo, Caron Fish Bar, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire
- Stephen Holde, Packet Bridge Fish & Chips, Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire
- Jordan Profitt, Packet Bridge Fish & Chips, Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire
- Charlie Collins, Frydales, Syston, Leicester
- Magda Ganea, Papas Fish & Chips, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
- Tom Lawrie-Marshall, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey
The National Fish And Chip Awards 2020
The annual National Fish And Chip Awards are organised by Seafish. This year they are celebrating 32 years since their formation in 1988. The awards are a respected Seafish industry event in the UK. Keep your eye out for more information regarding The National Fish and Chip Awards, including on the Drywite Young Fish Frier Of The Year Award 2020, and for more information on the awards. You can also click here to visit the Seafish website to find out more.