The finalists for the UK’s Best Fish and Chip Restaurant category have been announced. The final top 10 fish & chip restaurants will now compete to win the prestigious award at the 2020 National Fish & Chip Awards. The awards, which are organised and run by Seafish the public body that supports the UK seafood industry, will be held in London on the 23rd January 2020.
The Final 10 Fish & Chip Restaurants
Congratulations to everyone who has made it to this stage so far. The final 10 in this category at the 2020 National Fish & Chip Awards are:
- Fish! Borough Market, Borough Market, London
- Fish City Belfast, Belfast
- Knights Fish & Chip Restaurant, Glastonbury, Somerset
- Malt and Anchor, Cirencester, Gloucestershire
- Quayside Gourdon Limited, Gourdon, Aberdeenshire
- Saltwater Fish Restaurant, Torquay, Devon
- Something Else Fishy, Milborne Port, Sherborne, Dorset
- The Cods Scallops, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- The Fisherman’s Wife, Whitby, North Yorkshire
- Trenchers Restaurant, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear
The Winner Is…
The winner will be announced on the 23rd January 2020 in London at the awards ceremony. The restaurants will now undergo a final round of mystery dining assessments. The restaurants are judged on several factors, including food quality. They also need to show sustainable sourcing, staff training and development policies and menu options, including allergies and dietary requirements.