Getting your business onto social media doesn't need to be daunting - it may be a lot more straight forward than you think! Opening up a Facebook or Twitter account could make a positive impact on your sales and engagement with existing and new customers.
We've compiled a list of basic ways to get started, tailored to fish and chip shops and fast food businesses (and other business types):
- Set up your social media accounts for your business; Facebook. Twitter or Instagram are good places to start. Choose all three or just start with one!
- Include your logo and some info about your business, along with a ‘call to action’ which is normally a telephone number. You want your customers to be able to contact you.
- On your chosen social media account, make sure to enter your opening hours and any other relevant information on your profile. Including address, contact details and extra information, such as gluten free days or letting people know you have a vegan menu.
- Also, make sure you are listed correctly when you are searched for on Google, Edge, Firefox and other search engines – check the images, the opening hours and the information
Build Your Followers
Now you are set up it is time to grow your followers on your chosen social media accounts. An easy way to start is to invite your friends and family, and then ask them to invite their friends. While this is a quick way to grow your pages, you want to get new people onto your page, customers and potential customers.
To help you grow early you could put up posters in your shop with your social media name on - add things like, follow us on Facebook. This could also be put on the menu board and/or little signs made to go by the tills.
Now you have some followers you need to post content to keep them interest in your business and to encourage them to buy your fish and chips, here are a few ideas of what you could post:
- Images of your food
- Photos of your team
- Tag local businesses and individuals in your photos
- Charity events
- Promotions or specials of the day
- New additions to your menu
- Fish and Chips ‘Fryday’ - make sure to use #fryday when posting on a Friday!
Social Media Tips
Here are some extra social media tips to help you out when your social accounts get going.
- If you have a member of your team that you trust and who is actively interested in social media and has a few great ideas on what could work, encourage them to get involved, perhaps making them an 'editor' on your social media page to contribute.
- It’s not all about how many followers you have – try to create engaging posts (images work a lot better than just text on its own!). This way your customers can interact with your posts, meaning their social media friends also see your posts
- Use the ‘insights’ areas of your social media pages – this will tell you which of your posts worked best, when your followers are online (i.e. the best time to post) and much more
- Once you’re feeling confident with how your social media pages look and how your posts are going you could try advertising, such as Facebook advertising – try clicking ‘Boost Post’ on a post that you would like people to see (perhaps a special offer) and select who you want to see it (e.g. 1,000 in your local town, male and female, aged between 18-50), and select your budget (start with £4 or so, to get your head around advertising this way). The great thing with Facebook advertising is that you will see the results as the campaign is happening and you will know what to tweak for next time.
If you have any queries about Friars Pride or what we can offer your business, please feel free to contact us. You can either click here to find your local depot or contact your Telesales Agent or Area Sales Manager.
Friars Pride are an independent fish and chip shop supplier which have been established for over 40 years. If you are looking for fish and chip supplies, bakery supplies or any other catering products or information, please feel free to contact us.
Your Local Depot
For the contact information of your local depot, please see below.
- Peterborough: Sales Tel 01733 316400
- Basildon: Sales Tel 01268 720140
- Norwich: Sales Tel 01603 721127
- Nottingham: Sales Tel 01603 721127
- Plymouth: Sales Tel 01752 262323
- Poole: Sales Tel 01202 743177
- Bristol: Sales Tel 0117 971 4331