In-light of recent government guidelines on COVID-19 and to protect our delivery drivers and all our staff, I would like to ask you as a valued customer to adopt our new adapted process for accepting delivered goods. We remain passionate and dedicated to our industry, and It is still our intention to continue trading and offer you an excellent delivery service. These adapted processes are designed to give our drivers and operations staff the reassurance they need to continue servicing your business in these challenging times.
Delivered service for ordered goods
- Our delivery driver will place your ordered goods by the door outside your shop or in your doorway. You will need to be present inside your shop and sign the delivery note without direct contact with the driver, keeping 2 metres apart in line with the social distancing recommendation.
- If we have a key for your shop, we can still deliver the goods as normal outside of working hours.
- Please can we urgently ask you to pay by card or BACS transfer wherever possible. There will be a free prize draw to win £100 every week, for all customers who are paying by digital payment methods.
- There will be a new telephone number to enable you to contact Friars Pride quickly to make a digital or card payment: Tel: 01733 316475
- If you would like to pay by cash, our drivers will still accept cash payments however the cash will need to be placed inside a sealed envelope with your signature over the seal. All deferred cash payments will be at the customers liability.
- If any goods need to be returned, please could you advise your telesales agent at point of ordering so that the relevant paperwork can be given to the driver. If our driver does not have a collection note, we will not be able to accept any returned goods. The agreed returned goods will need to readily available outside your shop or in the doorway for the driver to collect with your delivery, we will not be able to accept damaged goods.
Collection of Waste Oil and Empty Drums.
- Please can you ensure all waste oil drums or empty vegetable oil drums are left within easy access for our drivers to collect from your premises, adopting the recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Please note we will only be providing credits for undamaged drums.
Customer Collections to Friars Pride’s Depot
We would like to offer a customer collection service at all our depots, however in light of the current situation and government guidelines, we need to adapt the process to protect you and our staff.
- Please can you telephone your local depot one day in advance between 9:00am and 3:00pm to give your required order. Please note if the lines are busy the call will be re-directed to head office in Peterborough who will still be able to take your order.
- You will be required to pay for your order by card over the telephone as we are no longer able to accept cash for this service.
- Please can you provide your car registration number at point of order.
- You will be given a collection time slot at point of order, this will be 8:00am – 12 noon, unless advised otherwise. Please can you adhere to your booking time, we cannot guarantee the service outside of your given slot.
- When you arrive at our depot to collect your order, please can you park your car in the designated location and wait in your car with your car boot open.
- A member of our operations team will bring your order directly to your car and place it into the boot with the required paperwork on top of the order. Please can you check the goods once our Friars Pride colleague has moved 2 metres away from your vehicle. If there is a discrepancy please advise the Friars Pride colleague, this collection service will be at customer’s liability once you have left our premises.
- As a new service to help you, Peterborough depot will be offering a Saturday morning collection service. Please can you contact the telesales team at Peterborough on Friday 9:00am-3:00pm to place you order as above.
On behalf of the team at Friars Pride I would like to thank you for your corporation during these extraordinary and challenging times. Please look after yourselves and your family, we will do everything we can to provide you with products and service to continue running your business. We may have to adapt following the new guidelines, although we can get through this by working together.