Friars Pride have been re-affiliated a MSC Certificate. We are extremely proud of this certification as there are many rigorous criteria’s which need to be met to gain certification. The MSC run the only certification and ecolabelling program for wild-capture fisheries consistent with United Nations best practice guidelines for ecolabelling and certification.
What Does MSC Mean?
In 1997 two global organizations, WWF and Unilever, developed the MSC Certificate in the hope to tackle the issue of seafood sustainability. Their vision together is to see the world’s oceans full of life, and seafood supplies safeguarded for this and future generations.
To become a MSC Certified supplier you have to meet the following three core criteria’s:
- Sustainable Fish Stocks – The fishing activity must be at a level which ensures it can continue indefinitely
- Minimising Environmental Impact – Fishing operations must be managed to maintain the structure, productivity, function and diversity of the ecosystem.
- Effective Management – The fishery must comply with relevant laws and have a management system that is responsive to changing circumstances
Within the main three criteria’s there are 28 performance indicators that need to be met. These are tested by independent conformity assessment bodies to score the fishery and are re-tested on an annual basis.
Find Out More
If you require any help or if you have any queries, please feel free to contact us. You can either click here to find your local depot or contact your Telesales Agent or Area Sales Manager.
Friars Pride are an independent fish and chip shop supplier which have been established for over 40 years. If you are looking for fish and chip supplies, bakery supplies or any other catering products or information, please feel free to contact us.
Your Local Depot
For the contact information of your local depot, please see below.
- Peterborough: Sales Tel 01733 316400
- Basildon: Sales Tel 01268 720140
- Norwich: Sales Tel 01603 721127
- Nottingham: Sales Tel 01603 721127
- Plymouth: Sales Tel 01752 262323
- Poole: Sales Tel 01202 743177
- Bristol: Sales Tel 0117 971 4331