It's the luck of the draw as an array of high profile competitions use the 'head-to-head' knockout style approach; the World Cup, Champions League, Wimbledon and now the National Fish and Chip Awards' Fish and Chip Shop of the Year award!
The revamped format for the 2019 awards means that shops can progress to the final stages solely based on quality, no matter of the region that they represent.
- Winyates Chippy, Redditch, Worcestershire will compete against Olley's Fish Experience, Herne Hill, London
- Sidney and Sons Fish and Chips, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire will compete against Harbour Lights, Falmouth, Cornwall
- Mister C's, Selby, North Yorkshire will compete against Silverfin's Traditional Fish & Chips, Newry, County Armagh
- Papa's Fish and Chips, Hull, East Yorkshire will compete against Captain’s Fish and Chips, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
- Krispies Fish & Chips, Exmouth, Devon will compete against Shillingfords, Neath, West Glamorgan
- Frydales, Leicester, Leicestershire will compete against Lows Traditional Fish & Chip Shop, Westhill, Aberdeenshire
- Papa's Fish and Chips, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire will compete against Frydays of Kendal, Kendal, Cumbria
- Golden Carp Chippy, Redditch, Worcestershire will compete against Dolphin Takeaway, Dungannon, County Tyrone
- The Crispy Cod, Tonyrefail, Rhondda Cynon Taf will compete against Poppies Fish & Chips, Soho, London
- Angel Lane Chippie, Penrith, Cumbria will compete against The Fish Hoose, Thornton, Fife
These shops will be visited by the respective assessor on an unannounced
date, at any time between 21 August and 7 September inclusive. This judging
stage will determine the overall UK Top 10 shops that will progress to the
national final judging stage to be held in London in January 2019. Take a look at a few of Friars Pride's customers who are still in with a shout of winning below!
More images to be added...