The top 10 in the Best Newcomer Award category at the National Fish and Chip Awards 2020 has been announced! This award category is for fish and chip business owners and operators with less than one year’s experience in the industry, including those who have switched career from a different business sector.
This award allows new fish and chip businesses to get involved with the National Fish and Chip Awards and gain feedback on their business. This feedback could be invaluable for some as they look to successfully grow and develop their fish and chip business.
The Top 10…
The top 10 in the Best Newcomer Award category at the National Fish and Chip Awards 2020 are;
- Bertie’s Restaurant and Bar, City of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- Fish Kitchen 1854, Hengoed, Caerphilly
- Lewis’s Fish and Grill, Maidstone, Kent
- Redcloak Fish Bar, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire
- Rowlies Fish and Chip Shop, Leigh, Greater Manchester
- Southend Pier Fish and Chips, Southend-On-Sea, Essex
- Tates of Rawcliffe, Goole, East Yorkshire
- The Chippy at Broken Cross, Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Toll Bar Chippy, Hope Valley, South Yorkshire
- WA14 Fish and Chips, Altrincham, Cheshire
The Road To London
These 10 are the finalists in this category and will now compete to try and take home the prestigious National Fish and Chip award title of ‘UK’s Best Newcomer’. The judges will now complete final visits to each of the businesses, this will include a mystery dining assessment and an inspection of all parts of the businesses. From here a top 3 will be announced with the winner being announced in London on 23rd January 2020 at the National Fish & Chip Awards ceremony.
The awards are organised and run by Seafish, the public body that supports the UK seafood industry. They organise these awards to help showcase fish and chip businesses across the UK. Since starting in 1988, the awards have become one of the prestigious awards in the UK seafood industry.