Appeal to new and existing business by offering Gluten Free Fish and Chips
The increase in awareness and demand for Gluten Free products shows a real opportunity to provide an added extra to your menu, a marketing opportunity and to encourage new and repeat business.
What batter could I use?
Pulse Flour is made from 100% Natural Pulse Flour and contains more protein, more energy, more fibre and more trace minerals with less carbohydrates, less sodium, less starch and less sugar than Wheat Based Batters. More importantly, when analysed, it was found that the oil absorbed during frying was reduced by up to 46% – producing a far less greasy product.
- Gluten Free – made from 100% natural pulse flour
- Less greasy results – oil absorption reduced by up to 47%
- Fried 20-25% more fish in the same amount of oil and flour
- Greater yield over traditional batter flours
Is there anything other than fish that I could serve?
Using specifically created Gluten Free products, such as Gluten Free sausages, batter mixes and gravy will reassure both you and your customer that the product contains no gluten.
42nd Street Classic Gluten Free Sausages 4’s are produced after a thorough factory clean down and have been tested by an independent laboratory passing the maximum level of 20ppmm, meaning gluten was completely undetectable. These benefits are easily communicated to your customer with our free point of sale posters – simply ask out Telesales team.
What does ‘Gluten Free’ mean?
You may have seen a rise in Gluten Free menu options in restaurants, sections in your local supermarket and requests in your business from customers.
People with coeliac disease must avoid gluten-containing foods – just a small amount of gluten may cause symptoms and even damage their gut. Gluten is found in many of our staple foods, therefore cross-contamination must be avoided. Therefore ‘Gluten Free’ must contain zero gluten, meaning you have to avoid contamination right from storage and preparation to serving.
The increase in awareness and demand for these products have contributed to the popularity of our Gluten Free Fish and Chip map and activity within various online Gluten Free communities and social media pages. This shows a real opportunity to provide an added extra to your menu, a marketing opportunity and to encourage new and repeat business.
How do I serve Gluten Free Fish and Chips?
Here are some tips on how to serve Fish and Chips that is free from gluten:
- Frying in the same oil as battered or breaded products involves a risk of cross- contamination; filtering alone will not fix this. You should use separate, clean oil to fry chips and battered fish.
- Use specifically created products, such as Gluten Free sausages, batter mixes and gravy.
- Why not choose one day a week to serve Gluten Free Fish and Chips? Make sure to let customers know via posters, your website and social media pages.
- Check to see which other foods you already serve are Gluten Free, for example, some of these could be stored and fried separately.
- Use Gluten Free batter such as Pulse Flour
- Condiments; salt is safe to use, along with Gluten Free non condiment vinegar. Major B’s Tomato Ketchup has been tested and is the perfect upsell add-on to a Gluten Free order.
- Separate equipment to avoid contamination; whisks, tongs, scoops, skimmers, baskets etc.
- Storage, preparation, cleaning, communication and staff training are just a few of the many important areas to consider – find out more via Coeliac UK.
Call today – 01733 316400