Congratulations to everyone involved and all winners of the The National Fish & Chip Awards 2014! Here’s the full run down each category winner:
Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award
Open to all independent fish and chip businesses with a takeaway facility and with two or less shops.
- 1st. Quayside in Whitby, North Yorkshire
- 2nd. Frankie’s Fish and Chips in Brae, Shetland
- 3rd. Papa’s Barn in Ditton, Kent
Independent Fish and Chip Restaurant of the Year Award
sponsored by Goldensheaf, open to all independent fish and chip restaurants (with a maximum of three outlets if part of a chain).
- Poppies Fish & Chips in Spitalfields, London
Best Seasonal Fish and Chip Operator Award (*new for 2014)
sponsored by the Responsible Fishing Scheme, open to ‘seasonal’ fish and chip businesses – eg holiday parks, resorts and leisure sites.
- Hendra Holiday Park in Newquay, Cornwall
Best Multiple Fish and Chip Operator Award
sponsored by Unique Seafood Limited, open to fish and chip operators with three or more outlets including franchises.
- George’s Tradition with outlets in Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Nottinghamshire
Best Newcomer Award
Sponsored by Frymax. Fish and chip operators that are new to the industry from 30 September 2011 onwards.
- The Cods Scallops in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Staff Training and Development Award
sponsored by James T. Blakeman & Co. Limited
Open to all fish and chip businesses.
- Harbourside Fish & Chips in Plymouth, Devon
Best Multiple Foodservice Operator Award
sponsored by Middleton Food Products
Open to all multiple foodservice operators that serve fish and chips, eg., pubs, cafes, department stores, hotels, travel and leisure.
- PUBS – Greene King, Belhaven in Scotland
- CAFES – Compass, Tesco
Best Independent Foodservice Operator Award
sponsored by Seafood Scotland
Open to all independent foodservice operators that serve fish and chips, eg., pubs, cafes, department stores, hotels, travel and leisure.
- The Real Food Café in Tyndrum, Perthshire
Seafarers UK ‘Fish & Chip Feast’ Fundraiser Champion
sponsored by Seafarers UK
- Burton Road Chippy in Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Community Contribution Award sponsored by Global Brands
Open to all fish and chip related businesses that support their local communities.
- Hennighan’s Top Shop in Machynlleth, Powys in Wales
From Field to Frier Award
sponsored by Isle of Ely Produce
Open to all fish and chip businesses and rewarding knowledge and promotion of responsible sourcing and sustainability practices.
- The Boundary in Market Deeping, Lincolnshire
Drywite Young Fish Frier of the Year Award s
sponsored by Drywite
Open to all applicants who are aged 25 years or younger as of 31 December 2013.
- Leigh Foster of Pantrini’s in Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear
Marketing Innovation Award
sponsored by The Q Partnership
Open to all fish and chip businesses
- Quayside in Whitby, North Yorkshire
Good Catch Award
sponsored by Collins Seafoods Limited, the Marine Conservation Society and the Marine Stewardship Council
Open to all fish and chip businesses and rewarding knowledge and promotion of responsible sourcing and sustainability practices
- Richardsons Fish Bar in Fleetwood, Lancashire
NFFF Fish & Chip Quality ‘Champion’ Award
sponsored by the National Federation of Fish Friers open to all current NFFF Quality Award holders
- Chamberlains Quality fish & Chips in Oldbury, Birmingham
‘Fish Friday’ Fundraising Award
sponsored by The Fishermens Mission
- Harbour Lights, Falmouth, Devon
Caterway Award for Outstanding Achievement
sponsored by Caterway Limited
- Fred Capel of Chez Fred in Bournemouth