Entries for The National Fish and Chip Awards are now open!
Marking it’s 29th year, the ‘Oscar’s on the Fish and Chip industry, organised by Seafish, will take place early 2017, with entries now open.
Friars Pride are pleased to be an official sponsor of the awards again and we were extremely proud to see so many of our customers both enter and win awards this year.
The award categories for the 2017 awards are:
- Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award- Open to all independent fish and chip businesses with a takeaway facility.
- Independent Fish and Chip Restaurant of the Year Award- Open to all independent fish and chip restaurants.
- Best Mobile Fish and Chip Operator Award- Open to mobile fish and chip businesses.
- Best Multiple Operator Award- Open to fish and chip operators with three or more outlets (including franchises).
- Best Foodservice Operator Award- Open to all general foodservice operators that serve fish and chips, eg., pubs, cafes, department stores, hotels, travel and leisure.
- Best Newcomer Award- Open to fish and chip operators who are new to the industry.
- Staff Training and Development Award- Open to all fish and chip businesses and rewarding excellence in staff training and development practices and policies.
- From Field to Frier Award- Open to all fish and chip businesses and rewarding knowledge of potato sourcing and chip preparation processes.
- Drywite Young Fish Frier of the Year Award- Open to all applicants who are aged 25 years or younger.
- Marketing Innovation Award- Open to all fish and chip businesses and rewarding excellence in marketing and promotional activity.
- Good Catch – The Sustainable Seafood Award- Open to all fish and chip businesses, this award rewards knowledge and the promotion of responsible seafood sourcing and sustainability practices.
- NFFF Quality Award Champion Award- Open to all current holders of the National Federation of Fish Friers Quality Award.
- Healthy Eating ‘Fish and Chips’ Award- Open to all fish and chip businesses that are excelling in educating and informing their customers on healthy choices and the nutritional values of fish and chips.
Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award Winners 2016 James and Bonny Ritchie of Simpsons Fish & Chips in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, added: “Winning the 2016 National Fish & Chip Awards was a life changing experience and a moment we’ll treasure forever. It meant so much to us as a family – I genuinely can’t put it into words.
“Taking home the overall title was the ultimate seal of approval from an industry that we’re so honoured to be part of. It’s a true privilege to be regarded as champions and ambassadors in our field and we have grasped any opportunity with both hands to promote the nation’s favourite takeaway. A personal highlight definitely was joining Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield on ITV’s This Morning television programme, to celebrate our success – it doesn’t get much better than that!”
With 13 award categories, why not enter The National Fish and Chip Awards 2017?
The closing date for the Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award and The Drywite Young Fish Frier of the Year Award is 30 June 2016. The NFFF Fish & Chip Quality Award ‘Champion’ Award closing date is 30 September 2016. The closing date for all other award categories is 31 July 2016.
View our National Fish and Chip Awards 2016 winners gallery